- 3 large (or 5 small) apples (not tart),
peeled, cored, quartered
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 5 cups unsweetened apple juice
- In a large pot, simmer apples with spices for 1 hour.
- Add apple juice and sugar; simmer for 5 more minutes.
Remove spices and strain the cider into a glass pitcher.
Serve warm or cold.
- Mash leftover apple chunks to make apple sauce; sprinkle
with coconut palm sugar and cinnamon.
Printed from HomeCookNaturally.com
Recipe posted 5.5.2013