- 4 large tart apples
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sliced, unsalted almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix apples, dried cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar; spread evenly in 8x8
inch lightly oiled baking pan.
- In a nonstick skillet, toast oats and almonds until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon;
add toasted oats and nuts. Sprinkle with canola oil and toss gently.
- Top apples with oat-nut mixture. Bake for 45 minutes.
Recipe posted 5.1.2013