QUINOA TURKEY MEATBALLS
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour for breading
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup filtered water
- 24 oz jar pasta sauce (gluten free)
- brown rice spaghetti
- In a small food processor, mix cooked quinoa, egg, onion, garlic and seasoning, including salt and pepper;
place the mixture into a large bowl. Add ground turkey and mix until all combined; form 1 1/2 inch size meatballs.
Put 1/4 cup of brown rice flour into a plastic bag, add meatballs, 2 or 3 at a time and shake.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan, add the meatballs and cook on both sides until lightly brown.
Pour water over the meatballs, cover and cook on low for about 15 minutes. Add pasta sauce to the pan, stir
and simmer for 10 more minutes, covered.
- Cook brown rice spaghetti according to package directions, takes about 14 minutes.
* For lower calorie, healthier version, serve over spaghetti squash.
Recipe posted 1.16.2014 HomeCookNaturally.com
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash